Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Back from Blog Hibernation - and Employed!


Yes, I know. I'm the most neglectful blogger ever. Every now and then, I get the urge to share thoughts and life occurrences, and today happens to be one of those days, as I hide inside under a blanket from the horrendous weather. The soft patter of rain drops against the window has inspired me...

Just kidding. I'm trying to entertain myself while working so I don't mindlessly snack - so why not blog?

A little update for the new year: I'm employed! Like, for real. Not an internship, an actual job. And it's totally related to my degree (which makes my dad super happy) and in an industry that I just can't get enough of.

I am the newest member of Engage A Bride, a wedding marketing and PR company here in Atlanta. Specifically, I'm running a slew of social media and whatever else happens to come my way. Cool, right? And I work predominately from home. To recap: I get to use my PR degree and training in digital media, still get to play in the wedding industry like a kid-in-a-candy-store and I get to wear my sweatpants practically all day, everyday. Yes, I'm well aware that Jesus plucked this job out of the sky for me and I'm very grateful. 


Oh, and I've pretty much hit the ground running because I started just one month before we put on the Bridal Extravaganza of Atlanta! Now you know why I've been blowing up your Twitter feed with bridal show retweets - oops. The show is this Saturday, so like, 3 days away. Whoa. I would absolutely encourage you to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook, but I completely understand if you already want to shoot me for the amount of wedding stuff I clog up your feed with from my personal accounts. I'm not even sorry.


Anyway, that's an update on my life as of right now. If you're looking for me on Saturday, I'll be snapping paparazzi pics of our special guest, David Tutera, and trying to sneak samples of wedding cake. And working, I guess. Something like that. :)