Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Wedding Wednesday: Perfection in Point Clear

Another weekend working with M. Elizabeth Events, another perfect wedding just begging to be featured in glossy print. Why did I never know how fantastic Fairhope, Alabama is? It just might be the ultimate location for a beach wedding weekend. A short drive from the quaint town is Point Clear, where one of my top three favorite weddings occurred.


Let the record show: I am generally not an advocate of the outdoor summer wedding. Between the humidity ruining my hair and the heat ruining my mood, the bugs and the ever-looming chance of a summer shower, I can always think of a reason to wed indoors. This particular wedding, however, was quite the exception. The constant breeze coming off the Gulf kept the midday preparation not only tolerable, but downright enjoyable. Plus, the ceremony was held in a wonderfully air-conditioned chapel.


In addition to the picture-perfect setting, we had the pleasure of working with some truly talented vendors. The lovely duo of Meg Baisden Photography was pleasantly professional, yet as sweet as they come. And don’t even get me started on that cake byThe Grand Hotel Pastry Shoppe. So light and fluffy, I couldn’t decide if Iwanted to nap on it or shovel it into my mouth (clearly I chose the latter).

I could also write an entire novella on the floral design by florist extraordinaire John Grady Burns. Oh, my gosh. French tulips, roses, hydrangeas and orchids? Stunning.

Even though I am still treating several bug bites and minor sunburn, I was so glad to be a part of this incredible day. It was well worth biting the outdoor summer wedding bullet to help make this day flawless. I predict wedding magazines and blogs fighting to feature this dream day. But if you can't wait until then, watch for more details and photos on the M. Elizabeth Events blog. From the chic chiffon bridesmaid dresses and trolley transportation to the adorable (and delicious) favors, you won't want to miss any of it!