Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Wedding Wednesday: An Auburn Affair

I had the pleasure of working with the lovely M. Elizabeth Events this past weekend on a War Eagle Wedding for the record books. PGA Golf Professional and recent Zurich Classic winner, Jason Dufner, married his sweetheart at a jaw-dropping wedding at Fountainview Mansion in Auburn.


From the perfectly piped-and-draped reception tent to the four-course dinner catered by none other than STK, this celebration was truly an affair to remember. Lavender accents perfectly complemented bouquets and arrangements of white roses, peonies and hydrangeas, while the addition of ghost chairs added a modern touch.


I got made fun of for referring to the evening as "magical," but come on, y'all - they had cotton candy and fireworks! Even the groom had a say in the details. An area of the lawn was dedicated to inflatable putting greens for guests to enjoy, and the favors included customized chocolate golfballs! And let's not forget his groom's cake:


Another highlight of the night: entertainment by M. Elizabeth Events favorite, A Town A List. To say that we are obsessed with them is putting it quite mildly. They are phenomenal! To quote event director Ellen, "I don't make myself sound like a complete stalker for a band I just kinda like." I was slightly heartbroken that I was up to my eyeballs in favor boxes and unable to Cupid Shuffle with them.


Be sure to keep an eye on the M. Elizabeth Events blog for a full recap of this dream wedding!