Friday, June 29, 2012

The Summer of Lazy Hair

Unplug those hair dryers and put your flat irons away. Lazy girls of the world, unite! I am loving this current trend of downright lazy hairstyles. Top knots, ombre and braids are all the rage, allowing us to sleep in and stock up on dry shampoo. Let's investigate:

Top knots: Whose idea was it to ball her hair up on top of her head and convince people it's fab? Give this girl a medal! If I oversleep or refuse to wash my over-processed hair in the morning, all I have to do is twist it up right on top of my head, jab a few bobby pins in and BAM: instant chic! No curling iron, no effort needed!

Photo courtesy of Pinterest

Ombre hair: Another genius, lazy woman went a few months without touching up her highlights and managed to create a fashion phenomenon with two-toned hair. Me, my bank account and my over-processed hair love this. Stop judging my over-grown roots - I'm being avant garde (read: lazy)! Now let's be clear: true ombre styles involve a great deal of effort and time spent in the salon. My dear friend Meghan (pictured below) has achieved ombre perfection with her stunning locks, but it was far from unintentional. I, however, shall abuse this trend by avoiding the salon altogether and allowing my natural dishwater-blonde to creep out. Lazy girl wins again!

Photo courtesy of the lovely Meghan Medford

Braids, particularly messy braids: Bad hair day? No way. Tease that bird nest and plat it right over your shoulder. Don't know how to braid? Even better. The more haphazard and unkempt it looks, the more Olsen-like you become.

Photo courtesy of Pinterest

So give your styling tools, products and self a rest in the name of style and laziness this summer!